Job: Trainee Payroll Executive
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Salford Quays, Manchester
As one of the leading HR and Payroll providers in the industry, SD Worx are recruiting for a Trainee Payroll Executives based in our office at Salford Quays, Manchester. This is a fantastic opportunity, where you will embark on a two year training programme, so if you are a motivated, energetic and eager individual, read on.
The purpose of this role is, in training and closely supervised over a prescribed period, to provide an effective and efficient Payroll service to SD Worx customers under the governance of SD Worx’s Quality Management System.
CUSTOMER COACH - you will have the skills and ability to demonstrate that you can:
- Build expertise with focus on the customer - have the curiosity and eagerness to be close to trends and innovation and to develop and make this expertise available for customer solutions.
- From Service transaction to Customer journey, can assess the client’s situation, fundamental wishes and needs, also in unstructured context, and to add more value than the customer expected throughout the full customer journey and over omni channels.
- Have the ability to collaborate effectively without boundaries (across teams, countries, languages, tools) colleagues, customers and network with his/her expertise, confidence and style.
- Train to effectively plan and manage own workload, managing, servicing and delivering clients payrolls to agreed deadlines.
- Train to validate and input all data received to agreed deadlines.
- Train to checking inputted data and making all relevant corrections before the live run
- Train to handling routine, non-routine and complex customer queries regarding payroll and HR related issues. This will include liaising with both internal and external contacts like OTM’s, Tax Office etc.
- Train to manage all aspects of Tax Year end processing for their customer base
- Train to communicate effectively to customers (internal & external) on an appropriate basis
- Train to Identify opportunities to advise and assist other team members
- Train to manage and support the customer in the processing of their payrolls to ensure payments/reports to employees are made accurately and on time.
- Train to recognise and promote opportunities for Added Value Services
- Train to take responsibility for own personal development plan in line with Company objectives and values
- A desire to learn payroll administrative skills in a busy customer centric environment.
- A desire to learn customer service skills via telephone, and other forms of communication.
- Demonstrable knowledge of PC literacy and software usage ideally including Word and Excel
- A desire to learn and then enhance a basic knowledge of payroll legislation
- Experience within customer service environment
- Knowledge of Tax, NI, SSP and SMP advantageous.
It’s your move!
SD Worx are the European Market Leader in Payroll, HR & Time with 65,000 customers in more than 90 countries.
People bring life to business and work is a big part of life. We build payroll & HR services and solutions that contribute to the success of both companies and individuals. We have years of experience in our teams, and some of the most knowledgeable and influential people in the industry. We’re committed to sharing this expertise with you. We value the contribution of our colleagues and have a significant focus on personal development and career growth – it really is our people who make the difference! We provide a friendly and inclusive work environment and encourage innovation.
If you have the skills and character to make a positive impact at SD Worx, we’d love to hear from you!
For Life. For Work.
To make payroll and HR services essential for the continued success of companies and individuals.