Job: Senior Payroll Executive (Internal Only)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
To deliver a managed payroll service to clients in a professional, friendly, efficient manner leading to continued business retention and growth.
To support their colleagues, offering guidance and appropriate assistance as and when necessary.
To support and on occasion deputise for the Operations Team Manager (OTM) – liaising and communicating appropriately and effectively with team members, managers and other contacts alike
As a CUSTOMER COACH - you will have the skills and ability to demonstrate that you can:
Build expertise with focus on the customer - have the curiosity and eagerness to be close to trends and innovation and to develop and make this expertise available for customer solutions.
From Service transaction to Customer journey, can assess the client’s situation, fundamental wishes and needs, also in unstructured context, and to add more value than the customer expected throughout the full customer journey and over omni channels.
Have the ability to collaborate effectively without boundaries (across teams, countries, languages, tools) colleagues, customers and network with his/her expertise, confidence and style.
- Effectively plan and manage own workload, managing, servicing and delivering clients payrolls to agreed deadlines.
- Validating and inputting data received to agreed deadlines
- Checking inputted data and making all relevant corrections before the live run
- Handling routine, non-routine and complex customer queries regarding payroll and HR related issues. This will include liaising with both internal and external contacts like team leaders, Tax Office etc.
- Manage and support the customer in the processing of their payrolls to ensure payments/reports to employees are made accurately and on time.
- Ensuring all tasks associated with each payroll in the team are performed within agreed deadlines
- Writing ad hoc reports / exports to agreed deadlines and costing appropriately
- Managing all aspects of Tax Year end processing for their customer base
- Communicating effectively to customers (internal & external) on an appropriate basis
- Provision and delivery of their performance statistics to the team leader on a monthly basis to meet team leader reporting requirements
- Actively looking for improvements that could drive process efficiencies and profitability.
- Contribute effectively to Team Meetings, completing tasks and giving updates where necessary
- Deputising as and when necessary for the Operations Team Manager – this includes liaison and response to SDM/ Operations Manager’s requests, working side by side with the other OTM’s and having the confidence (backed by OTM delegation) to make relevant decisions.
- Supporting the OTM in managing team performance – identifying development needs within the team and assisting in the development of others.
- Supporting and sharing knowledge with colleagues to contribute to the effectiveness of the team and to achieve the location’s success. This may include providing cover for other team members as and when necessary.
- Actively involving colleagues in relevant tasks or projects.
- Using initiative to explore ways to improve processes, performance and aspects of their role.
- Actively share and promote best practice methodologies throughout the Service Centre
- To actively support the SDM/ Operations Manager in improving colleague engagement across the department.
- To take responsibility for own personal development plan in line with Company objectives and values
- Experience of working in a volume based payroll operations environment.
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills using a variety of media dependant on the situation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of PC literacy and software usage ideally including Word and Excel
- Up to date experience in payroll legislation.
- A visible commitment to quality processes and the ability to challenge and influence change (if necessary) to established procedures.
- Demonstrable experience within a customer service environment
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise conflicting workloads
- Demonstrating signs of Leadership
- Some supervisory experience e.g. coaching, buddying, training
It’s your move!
SD Worx are the European Market Leader in Payroll, HR & Time with 65,000 customers in more than 90 countries.
People bring life to business and work is a big part of life. We build payroll & HR services and solutions that contribute to the success of both companies and individuals. We have years of experience in our teams, and some of the most knowledgeable and influential people in the industry. We’re committed to sharing this expertise with you. We value the contribution of our colleagues and have a significant focus on personal development and career growth – it really is our people who make the difference! We provide a friendly and inclusive work environment and encourage innovation.
If you have the skills and character to make a positive impact at SD Worx, we’d love to hear from you!
For Life. For Work.
To make payroll and HR services essential for the continued success of companies and individuals.