Job: Risk & Compliance Officer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Glasgow or Manchester
As one of the leading HR and Payroll providers in the industry, SD Worx are recruiting for a Risk & Compliance Officer on a permanent basis.
As an integral part of the second line of defence risk and compliance function you will be a key member of the team as we embed the risk and compliance framework across the UK&I business. You will assist the team, your SD Worx colleagues and managers to establish and maintain a robust risk and compliance framework, including the IT & Business controls that meet the needs of the business.
As a CUSTOMER COACH - you will have the skills and ability to demonstrate that you can:
- Build expertise with focus on the customer - have the curiosity and eagerness to be close to trends and innovation and to develop and make this expertise available for customer solutions.
- From Service transaction to Customer journey, can assess the client’s situation, fundamental wishes and needs, also in unstructured context, and to add more value than the customer expected throughout the full customer journey and over omni channels.
- Have the ability to collaborate effectively without boundaries (across teams, countries, languages, tools) colleagues, customers and network with his/her expertise, confidence and style.
- Provide support to the risk and compliance team to deliver the overall internal Governance framework across SD Worx locations.
- Support risk and compliance manager in developing the annual audit schedule.
- Assist and support the risk and compliance manager in conducting risk and compliance audits, reporting on audit progress and the final audit reports.
- Provide support to the risk and compliance manager and to the business to provide training and awareness of control objectives and expected evidences.
- Provide support to the business on their control failures to ensure these are resolved in a timely and sustained manner.
- Support the risk and compliance manager in managing and reporting on the risk and compliance activities on a regular basis.
- Support internal control testing for the annual ISAE3402 report. Liaise with SD Worx chosen supplier and SD Worx employees to resolve any issues relating to the ISAE3402 report. Make reports available to our customers as required. Log and manage all requests.
- Provide risk and compliance manager with support and guidance to business functions to respond to requests from Group Internal Audit, Customer and/or external audits.
- Own and maintain the risk and compliance SharePoint site ensuring the site and all data is maintained in a consistent manner.
- Be an advocate for risk and compliance function across SD Worx, suggesting and implementing ways of communicating to the wider business on risk and compliance topics.
- Support the risk and compliance manager in cascading requirements from Group functions.
- Support the risk and compliance manager to develop and implement a training and awareness plan across the business. Monitor and report on the progress of the training plan.
- Support the risk and compliance manager in the execution of the support and advice mechanism. Provide reporting on the topics and resolutions.
- Support the risk and compliance manager in suggesting process improvements and identifying solutions across the risk and compliance function.
- Set individual objectives aligned to business needs and personal development needs.
- 2-3 years’ experience of Internal Compliance control environment.
- 2-3 years’ experience in conducting internal audits to a recognised standard.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an IT environment.
- Knowledge of applicable standards as they relate to Service Organisations Control (ISAE3402, ISO 27001).
- Understanding of project management principles and controls.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Self starter
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint.
- Ability to challenge confidently
- Good written and oral communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Well organised
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- CISA ( Certified Information Systems Auditor) would be advantageous
- Previous experience in working with out-sourcing partners
It’s your move!
SD Worx are the European Market Leader in Payroll, HR & Time with 65,000 customers in more than 90 countries.
People bring life to business and work is a big part of life. We build payroll & HR services and solutions that contribute to the success of both companies and individuals. We have years of experience in our teams, and some of the most knowledgeable and influential people in the industry. We’re committed to sharing this expertise with you. We value the contribution of our colleagues and have a significant focus on personal development and career growth – it really is our people who make the difference! We provide a friendly and inclusive work environment and encourage innovation.
If you have the skills and character to make a positive impact at SD Worx, we’d love to hear from you!
For Life. For Work.
To make payroll and HR services essential for the continued success of companies and individuals.