Job: PR & Internal Communications Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Manchester or Glasgow
The PR and Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for managing PR within the UK & Ireland, whilst managing and executing internal communications across SD Worx. You will work closely with our PR agency, Management teams and Senior Leaders to produce and execute effective PR externally and strategic communications plans and delivery across the organisation internally. It will suit someone with strong, practical experience of PR, internal and change communication, who enjoys working at pace in a dynamic environment and using their initiative to deliver results.
As a CUSTOMER COACH - you will have the skills and ability to demonstrate that you can:
Build expertise with focus on the customer - have the curiosity and eagerness to be close to trends and innovation and to develop and make this expertise available for customer solutions.
From Service transaction to Customer journey, can assess the client’s situation, fundamental wishes and needs, also in unstructured context, and to add more value than the customer expected throughout the full customer journey and over omni channels.
Have the ability to collaborate effectively without boundaries (across teams, countries, languages, tools) colleagues, customers and network with his/her expertise, confidence and style.
- With the support of the PR & Corporate Communications Manager and local PR agency plan, manage and implement PR initiatives and review content for the UK & Ireland.
- Draft local PR announcements on behalf of the business.
- Plan, manage and implement internal communication initiatives across agreed segments and business units
- Plan, manage and implement local communication initiatives in UK & Ireland.
- Contribute to planning and cascade of corporate communications across SD Worx Group
- Draft internal messages, announcements and content on behalf of the business, Excom, Inspiring Leaders Team and other internal customers.
- Create and maintain the right mix of internal communication media, channels and events. Introduce innovative and creative approaches.
- Support operational and cultural change initiatives as needed, advising on appropriate communication and engagement techniques.
- Serve as our intranet (Sharepoint) and internal social community platform manager: post new content, foster two-way conversations, drive desired social behaviour, monitor / review content and discussions, build collaboration groups, provide training, execute campaigns to drive engagement.
- Produce compelling multi-media communications including feature articles, blogs, emails, videos, etc. with an emphasis on creative layouts and streamlined content.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive measurement plan including reporting and metrics for colleague communications and develop related action plans; create ongoing feedback loop, so we continually follow-up our communications game.
- Serve as ‘traffic hub’ for colleague communications including owning the editorial calendar, providing counsel on publishing / distribution timing requests.
- Advise on leadership communication approaches. This includes delivering communication that increases leaders’ engagement and improve two-way interaction between leaders and employees.
- Work closely with colleagues in the transformation teams, employee communications, external communications and marketing to ensure alignment of messages and activity.
- Collate, share and act upon feedback from employees and specific internal communication measurement to inform and improve future activity.
- Demonstrable experience of PR and / or internal and change communication in a global environment.
- Excellent writing, editorial and presentation skills to identify, craft and deliver key messages, stories and
- information in succinct and engaging ways.
- Strong technical knowledge of communication channels and content including intranet, print, film, digital, press
- and (corporate) social media.
- Events management – knows how to plan and execute internal colleague events and interventions that deliver on
- organisational objectives and drive engagement.
- Good knowledge of communication planning. Familiar with working as part of a structured change and
- project management approach.
- Strong influencing skills – able to cultivate and maintain good working relationships. Also able to provide
- critical feedback and handle sensitive issues when needed. Has the gravitas and experience to give
- credible advice and inspire confidence.
- Great stakeholder management – knows how to manage up, down and sideways.
- Excellent ability to organise and strong attention to detail.
- Energy, commitment and ability to maintain perspective under pressure and
- changing priorities. Able to balance a varied workload, flexible.
- Self-starter; personally motivated, resourceful, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, global, virtual
- work environment.
- Excellent technology skills: desktop apps, social media, content management systems, communication
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including Sharepoint, Teams, Yammer etc.
- Knowledge of video editing software
- Understanding of external communication and marketing an advantage.
It’s your move!
SD Worx are the European Market Leader in Payroll, HR & Time with 65,000 customers in more than 90 countries.
People bring life to business and work is a big part of life. We build payroll & HR services and solutions that contribute to the success of both companies and individuals. We have years of experience in our teams, and some of the most knowledgeable and influential people in the industry. We’re committed to sharing this expertise with you. We value the contribution of our colleagues and have a significant focus on personal development and career growth – it really is our people who make the difference! We provide a friendly and inclusive work environment and encourage innovation.
If you have the skills and character to make a positive impact at SD Worx, we’d love to hear from you!
For Life. For Work.
To make payroll and HR services essential for the continued success of companies and individuals.