Job: Application Support Specialist
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Braehead, Renfrew
As one of the leading HR and Payroll providers in the industry, SD Worx are recruiting for an Application Support Specialist located at our premises in Braehead, Renfrew.
As second line support, any incidents that the Support Desk are unable to resolve will be passed to the Application Support team. The Application Support Specialists role is primarily to restore service to the customer in the shortest time possible based on the priority/severity of the incident.
- Resolving issues via a fix or workaround within the agreed SLA/OLA
- Providing clear and regular updates of the status of issues to the Support Desk
- Managing cross product issues within the team to leverage the cross functional knowledge and respond more quickly to the customer
- Quickly hand issues off to product development when a fix or workaround cannot be established
- Assist in managing resolution of issues handed to product development
- Cleary record all activity on an issue within the CRM system
- Record all issues that are not fully resolved as problems in the CRM system with the correct customer impact and priority
- Ensure any permanent fixes to product are fed back to the product team for incorporation into product
- Ensure breached incidents are managed and resolved in a timely manner.
- You will have a track record of working successfully in an application support role.
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL processes (ITIL foundation certificate / ITIL Managers Certificate desirable)
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Support systems and processes.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience of developing and maintaining "best in class" operational and support procedures &/or reviewing/sign-off
- Experience of delivering services to Service and or Operational Level Agreements
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills to liaise at all levels within the business and Technology
- Broad technical understanding of a wide range of platforms - Microsoft Technologies (SQL), Mid-Range Systems, Web (,NET) and Mainframe
- Team player with ability to work on your own initiative in a fast paced environment.
- High level of self-motivation
- Resourceful - utilise all tools, expertise and knowledge bases to investigate and resolve problems
It’s your move.
More than 60,000 large and small organisations rely on SD Worx and its 3,600 employees. During the company’s 70 year history we have acquired an extraordinary amount of expertise in Payroll, HR and Tax & Legal matters. We provide clients with a wide range of services including payroll and HR, legal support, training, automation, consulting and outsourcing, across Europe, the US and Canada.
In Belgium, our home base, we offer specific packages for SMEs, large enterprises, the public sector and international organisations. As an international HR service provider we operate from Belgium (HQ), Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mauritius, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. The other European countries, the US and Canada are covered by the Payroll Services Alliance, a strategic network of leading payroll companies.
For Life. For Work.
To make payroll and HR services essential for the continued success of companies and individuals.