Job: Application Support Specialist
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Braehead, Renfrew
As one of the leading HR and Payroll providers in the industry, SD Worx are recruiting for an Application Support Specialist located at our premises in Braehead, Renfrew.
As second line of product support any incidents that the Support Desk are unable to resolve will be passed to the Application Support team. The Application Support Specialists role is primarily to restore service to the customer in the shortest time possible based on the priority/severity of the incident.
As a CUSTOMER COACH - you will have the skills and ability to demonstrate that you can:
- Build expertise with focus on the customer - have the curiosity and eagerness to be close to trends and innovation and to develop and make this expertise available for customer solutions.
- From Service transaction to Customer journey, can assess the client’s situation, fundamental wishes and needs, also in unstructured context, and to add more value than the customer expected throughout the full customer journey and over omni channels.
- Have the ability to collaborate effectively without boundaries (across teams, countries, languages, tools) colleagues, customers and network with his/her expertise, confidence and style.
- Resolving issues via a fix or workaround within the agreed Service level agreement (SLA) or Operational level agreements (OLA).
- Providing clear and regular updates of the status of issues to the Support Desk.
- Managing cross product issues within the team to leverage the cross functional knowledge and respond more quickly to the customer.
- Quickly hand issues off to product development where a fix or workaround cannot be established.
- Assist in managing resolution of issues handed to product development.
- Cleary record all activity on an issue within the CRM system.
- Record all issues that are not fully resolved as Problems in the CRM system with the correct customer impact and priority.
- Ensure any permanent fixes to product are fed back to the product team for incorporation into the product.
- Ensure breached incidents are managed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Track record of working successfully in an application support role.
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL processes (ITIL foundation certificate / ITIL Managers Certificate desirable).
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of support systems and processes.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience in the use of SD Worx systems, e.g. RightNow
- Experience of developing and maintaining "best in class" operational and support procedures &/or reviewing/sign-off.
- Experience of delivering services to Service and or Operational Level Agreements
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills to liaise at all levels within the business
- Broad technical understanding of a wide range of platforms - Microsoft Technologies (SQL), Mid-Range Systems, Web (NET) and Mainframe
- Team player with ability to work on your own initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of self-motivation
- Resourceful - utilise all tools, expertise and knowledge bases to investigate and resolve problems
It’s your move!
SD Worx are the European Market Leader in Payroll, HR & Time with 65,000 customers in more than 90 countries.
People bring life to business and work is a big part of life. We build payroll & HR services and solutions that contribute to the success of both companies and individuals. We have years of experience in our teams, and some of the most knowledgeable and influential people in the industry. We’re committed to sharing this expertise with you. We value the contribution of our colleagues and have a significant focus on personal development and career growth – it really is our people who make the difference! We provide a friendly and inclusive work environment and encourage innovation.
If you have the skills and character to make a positive impact at SD Worx, we’d love to hear from you!
For Life. For Work.
To make payroll and HR services essential for the continued success of companies and individuals.