Role: Agile Coach
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a high-performing Agile Coach. This is a key role in our Glasgow team, which is central in our focus on continuing our successful agile journey and maturing our organisation as we move to Continuous Integration/Continuous Development and a fully DevOps model. The coach will play a key influencing role with senior managers and squads to ensure the required behaviours are embedded and we have the culture to be truly agile. The coach will work with key stakeholders (including Product Management and Customer Technologies) to ensure that the right mix of features, enhancements and technical debt are being prioritised to minimise risk and maximise the customer experience.
Managing the product
· Set up and conducts the tribe-level synchronization and release planning (e.g. super-sprint, Scrum-of-Scrums);
· Hold regular ceremonies for product and squad synchronization;
· Set up and facilitate Tribe demonstrations and retrospectives.
Planning and prioritizing the work
· Help, facilitate, prepare plans and proposals, backlogs by aggregating and analysing information from Product Owners and Scrum Masters;
· Promote self-organisation and team spirit inside the Tribe;
· Promote continuous improvement within the Tribe;
· Coaching of Product Owners to ensure work is being prioritized including items identified by squads to continually improve and remove technical debt.
Managing the Tribe
· Ensures squads contains sufficient capabilities (e.g., initiate recruiting, guide development), in coordination with Tribe Lead;
· Agrees to personal development goals, gathers feedback and does final assessment for the Engineers within their squads;
· Responsible for the talent management of the Engineers within their squads;
· Coaches the teams on delivering added value, trust, transparency, effective practices, job expectations, contribution, attitude and continuous improvement;
· Translates needs into suitable innovative, confrontational and activating interventions and processes;
· Inspires the squad and being able to give agile training: development of training plans, designing trainings for capability buildings;
· Gives feedback to squad members on regular basis;
· Resolves organisational issues that block squad members which cannot be resolved in the squad;
· Serves as escalation point for HR admin such as long-term leave, planning and signing of vacations, prolonged illness.
· Coaching Tribe leaders, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Engineers, junior agile coaches
· Coach the leadership and executive teams to create an environment where agile values and principles are adopted.
· Contribute and take a leading role in the SD Worx agile coach community
As a PEOPLE COACH - you will have the skills and ability to demonstrate that you can:
• Show clear Vision and Purpose and inspire teams and colleagues to organize themselves in an agile way in order to reach targets. The ability also to push (operational) decisions to the floor.
• Create an environment where teams and colleagues are inspired to embrace change and take ownership. The ability also to attract and coach individuals that show disruptive thinking, in order to stimulate experimentation and innovation.
• Share leadership responsibilities within the team based on individual’s talents. The ability also to coach each colleague in discovering and developing their talent in an environment of continuous learning.
• The ability to create an environment where teams and employees are inspired to embrace change
• Coach individuals in order to stimulate experimentation and innovation
• The ability to share leadership responsibilities in the team
• The ability to coach employees in discovering and developing his/her talent in an environment of continuous learning
• Commercial acumen, (e.g. understanding the industry, customers and drivers for value creation for SD Worx);
• Self-mastery, with e.g. proactively identifies and drives large improvement initiatives
• Emotional intelligence and ability to resolve conflicts;
• You have a natural interest in people and are a convincing and inspiring personality.
• Knowledge of technologies used in the tribe is an advantage;
• Agile understanding and ability to manage a large, complex Agile program;
• Influencer and leader for the team and peers
• Enjoy working in an environment of openness and collaboration with the team defining work and setting goals and targets
• Demonstrates ability to facilitate organizational design and change;
• Champion and coach for their people
It’s your move!
SD Worx are the European Market Leader in Payroll, HR & Time with 65,000 customers in more than 90 countries.
People bring life to business and work is a big part of life. We build payroll & HR services and solutions that contribute to the success of both companies and individuals. We have years of experience in our teams, and some of the most knowledgeable and influential people in the industry. We’re committed to sharing this expertise with you. We value the contribution of our colleagues and have a significant focus on personal development and career growth – it really is our people who make the difference! We provide a friendly and inclusive work environment and encourage innovation.
If you have the skills and character to make a positive impact at SD Worx, we’d love to hear from you!
For Life. For Work.
To make payroll and HR services essential for the continued success of companies and individuals.