Job: Accounting Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
As one of the leading HR and Payroll providers in the industry, SD Worx are recruiting for an Accounting Manager to join the team based in Reading.
To work as part of the Accounting and Reporting team to act as the Technical expert on UK GAAP matters including Revenue Recognition and Corporate Tax matters and Statutory accounts.
As a CUSTOMER COACH - you will have the skills and ability to demonstrate that you can:
- Build expertise with focus on the customer - have the curiosity and eagerness to be close to trends and innovation and to develop and make this expertise available for customer solutions.
- From Service transaction to Customer journey, can assess the client’s situation, fundamental wishes and needs, also in unstructured context, and to add more value than the customer expected throughout the full customer journey and over omni channels.
- Have the ability to collaborate effectively without boundaries (across teams, countries, languages, tools) colleagues, customers and network with his/her expertise, confidence and style.
- Manage the month end reporting process ensuring all deadlines are met, responsible for delivering financial reporting and management reporting for UK senior management and Group reporting
- Technical advisor on technical accounting matters and to brief the wider finance team and wider business as required (i.e FRS and UK GAAP).
- Accountability for reviewing and control of Monthly/Quarterly Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of all year-end corporate tax/deferred tax provisions for statutory accounts, including notes to the accounts.
- Own production of the monthly/quarterly tax journals and reporting requirements, including quarterly corporate tax reconciliations including liaising with Group Tax team and HMRC as required.
- Lead the annual audit with our external auditors and coordinate the team to provide all supporting schedules for the interim and year end audit
- Ensure strong financial controls are in place acting as the primary point of Contact while driving process improvements and control improvements as required.
- Ensure all accounting entries are UK GAAP compliant. Advise of any potential areas of judgement.
- Monthly review and documenting of all significant revenue arrangements to ensure accurate accounting in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS15.
- Preparation of the PAYE Settlement Agreement including submission to HMRC as required.
- Lead project work associated with FRS Conversion, other special projects including conversion from Great Plains to SAP
- Producing and delivering the Statutory accounts for both UK and Ireland
- People management of 3 team members – both qualified and part qualified.
- Experience of running a year end auditing process.
- Experience of producing annual Statutory accounts
- Professional UK accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA), preferably with Big 4 Accountancy Firm
- Strong Technical Expertise in UK GAAP, including latest accounting standards and Corporate Tax
- Strong people skills, including verbal communications, influencing and presentation skills, with ability to communicate technical matters with both senior management and non-technical audiences
- Tenacity and drive to overcome challenges
- Experience with Great Plains or SAP
It’s your move!
SD Worx are the European Market Leader in Payroll, HR & Time with 65,000 customers in more than 90 countries.
People bring life to business and work is a big part of life. We build payroll & HR services and solutions that contribute to the success of both companies and individuals. We have years of experience in our teams, and some of the most knowledgeable and influential people in the industry. We’re committed to sharing this expertise with you. We value the contribution of our colleagues and have a significant focus on personal development and career growth – it really is our people who make the difference! We provide a friendly and inclusive work environment and encourage innovation.
If you have the skills and character to make a positive impact at SD Worx, we’d love to hear from you!
For Life. For Work.
To make payroll and HR services essential for the continued success of companies and individuals.